Sunday, March 11, 2012

No room for my inner artist

Being 2D, sometimes I can’t contain the artist inside of me. Amber and Michael appreciated that and took me to Palettes and Pairings to meet some of their friends and let me try my hand at painting.

100_2907

The instructor was SO nice! She lived in Norco so she knew all about my home and was really happy to show me a good time. She also knew a cousin of mine who had come to visit her in Norco! We started by preparing the background of our canvas by mixing four colors together. While that dried we grabbed some snacks and chatted. Once everyone was ready the instructor showed us, step by step, how to paint poppies.

100_2906

100_2914100_2913

The whole group made the same painting but they were all unique and different in their own way.

100_2920100_2918
I don’t want to brag, but mine was the probably best. Amber could use some work; I’ll work with her before I leave.
image

Have you ever taken a fun class with friends?

Seattle Fun Fact: Seattleites buy more sunglasses per capita than any other city in the nation. So much for the myths of rain and clouds here.

No comments:

Post a Comment