Saturday, March 3, 2012

Buses and Bridges

Yesterday I went into work with Amber and Michael. They both work in downtown Seattle and they take the bus every day from Redmond to Seattle.

We started our morning at the Redmond Park and Ride which is where bus riders can park their cars and catch the bus. We caught our bus and headed out.

100_2827 

Between Redmond and Seattle is Lake Washington which is a very large lake. There are two bridges that go across the lake and they are both floating bridges which make you feel like you are floating right on top of the water.

100_2828

100_2829

We took SR-520, there is a bald eagle who lives nearby but we didn’t spot him yesterday.

Amber says she had never seen a bald eagle when she lived in California but she has seen SO MANY bald eagles in the wild here in Washington. Luckily my eyes are always open to spot one while I’m here!

 100_2833

My first sighting of the Space Needle!

I will report back tomorrow on my day at work.

Have you ever seen a bald eagle in the wild?

Seattle Fun Fact: In 1961, the restaurant atop the Space Needle became the country’s first revolving eatery.

No comments:

Post a Comment